Avalanche Skills Training SNOWMOBILE – AST Level 1: Avalanche Canada designed material With 8hr theory and 8hr field. An AST1 is the first step towards understanding the avalanche hazards of riding in the mountains and where to access valuable resources to help you make informed decisions based on current conditions (avalanche.ca).
Email alex to book email@example.com
- Build confidence with your equipment and companion rescue skills;
- Use the Avaluator to identify avalanche terrain for decision making in areas rated with the Avalanche Terrain Exposure Scale, (ATES);
- Learn to identify avalanche terrain;
- Discern Avalanche Canada bulletins and danger ratings to know before you go;
- Understand snowpack basics, how snow loads, slab formation, release, weak layer identification and signs of snow instability;
- Basic trip planning;
- Determine your own level of risk tolerance and how this applies in a group setting;
- Understand group dynamics for better decision making;
- Learn the limitations of AST Level 1 material and the path for continued training.